For the Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wowlegion Alliance Guild

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Farming tips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amishrevenge

Amishrevenge

Number of posts : 17
Characters : Amishrevenge, Samoajoe
Class : Hunter, Priest
Level : 70, 31
Spec : marksman, holy
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Farming tips Empty
PostSubject: Farming tips   Farming tips EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:49 am

Hey guys, here are some tips for farming if you're looking for spots.

Ok, we all know Primal's are good ways to make cash and are highly needed in any crafting line once you get around 350+, so some spots to farm.

Motes of Air - I tend to get these from the elementals right behind the Scryer FP in Shadowmoon Valley. You can head toward the altar of shadows and just farm away on those for awhile.

Motes of Life - Several good places. The best is Zangamarsh, there's the fungal spawning area, that's the best spot. Also you can head over to the area on the east side of Nagrand with all the fungal giants, they drop em like mad. So either far west or the north east pit.

Motes of Mana - Wizard's Row in Netherstorm. It the town with all the undead specters and such. Wizard's Row has two different kinds of elementals that drop em. Easy farming, good respawn rate.

Motes of Fire - Best spot so far I've found is really close to where you enter Netherstorm in Blade's Edge Mountains. A whole bunch of fire elementals there.

Also, if you're looking to farm netherweb/motes of life/arrakoa feathers/netherweave cloth all at the same time, the SE area outside of Auchidon is the place. Kill the tree dudes for motes and spiders for web. Great farming area. Kill those skettis are you make your way around. Excellent.

Also searing gorge is a good area on the western side of the map to farm Hearts of Fire, Essence of Fire, and Ironweb Spider Silk and Shadow Spider Silk.

Just thought I would throw this out there.

Last edited by Amishrevenge on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
imortality

imortality

Number of posts : 13
Characters : Imortality
Class : Paladin
Level : 70
Spec : Holy
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Farming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming tips   Farming tips EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:32 am

Nice Amish! Wink but i wanna add something to this list

Primal Fire - At very NE of Blade Edge Mountains. Tons of Fire elementals and they arent camped very much. There is chance to meet hordie, but its rare thing.

BT Gems/Gold - BT lol! After BT raid is screwed i always stay and kill trash for gems/netherweave/gold. Usual tagets are:

Coilskar Harpooner (170k HP)
Dragon Turtle (~100k HP)

Bonechewer Worker (~59k HP)

Charming Courtesan (~34k HP)
Temple Concubine (~34k HP)

They all are quite weak and easy can be soloed as paladin with holy gear
and shield (max hit non-crit dmg less than 400 at 18-20k armor) (even 2 at time), but dunno about
other classes

Also in SWP pull Priest (Healing one) and kill him, cuz he heals u. I never tried this, but ppl says its easy

EDIT:
Amishrevenge wrote:

Motes of Life - Several good places. The best is Nagrand, there's the fungal spawning area, that's the best spot. Also you can head over to the area on the east side of Nagrand with all the fungal giants, they drop em like mad. So either far west or the north east pit.

I bet u mean Zangarmash....
Back to top Go down
Amishrevenge

Amishrevenge

Farming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming tips   Farming tips EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:08 pm

Ack, yep meant Zangamarsh. Was tired when I posted that. Heh!
Back to top Go down
Amishrevenge

Amishrevenge

Farming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming tips   Farming tips EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Also, when I was mentioning the motes of fire, those are the ones I'm talking about, the NE corner just a tad before you go into Netherstorm. There's a quest there so you sometimes run into horde, but not too much. Usually they're level 67 and outclassed anyway.
Back to top Go down
imortality

imortality

Farming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming tips   Farming tips EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 8:45 am

Amishrevenge wrote:
Also, when I was mentioning the motes of fire, those are the ones I'm talking about, the NE corner just a tad before you go into Netherstorm. There's a quest there so you sometimes run into horde, but not too much. Usually they're level 67 and outclassed anyway.

lol! 1:1, u got me..
than u can find all motes (except life and mana) at shadowmoon. Water at Coilskar point, Air at Shadow altar (lok at map, lower than Scryers camp's mountains is object. It is Altar of shadows), Fire somewhere aroung Hand uf Guldan, Earth... im many steep places...
Back to top Go down
Cyrill

Number of posts : 3
Characters : Not Specified
Class : Not Specified
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Farming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming tips   Farming tips EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 2:05 pm

^ There's a Scryers quest at Sanctum of the Stars that has you run through all of those locations so be forewarned.

Also, if you do a lot of mining, Motes of Fire and Earth come fairly easily.
Back to top Go down
samin

Number of posts : 6
Characters : samin, minsa
Class : rogue, warrior
Level : 70, 6
Spec : subtlety, none (im level 6 lol)

Farming tips Empty
PostSubject: Farming - SKinning   Farming tips EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:56 am

Skinning is also useful for making some $$$$.

I just run around Nagrand, especially just east of Garadar, and kill and skin anything in sight, as well as the elementals where you might get a mote or two. Make sure to get the Clefthoof Bulls, as a stack of 20 Heavy Clefthoof Leather sells for about 160g. After an hour. i generally get maybe 1 and a half stacks of Clefthoof leather, and probably one and half stacks of heavy knothide (150 knothide), which sells for about 600g combined.

It is a heavy pvp area, but its worth it.

As well as that, if i find an ally who is just leveling up (probably doing the mastery quests), i just group with him so it moves a little faster. Obviously i wouldn't if he was skinning as well.

Samin
Back to top Go down
samin

Number of posts : 6
Characters : samin, minsa
Class : rogue, warrior
Level : 70, 6
Spec : subtlety, none (im level 6 lol)

Farming tips Empty
PostSubject: Farmin tips   Farming tips EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:59 am

Sorry, i left this out.

Probably the best spot to skin just plain knothide leather is 'Oronok's Farm', in Shadowmoon Valley. Not sure how many i get per hour, but you never have to wait for the boars, and its just a case of how fast you can kill and skin.

Samin
Back to top Go down
imortality

imortality

Farming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming tips   Farming tips EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 5:38 am

Farming tips Khoriumnetherstorm

4 nodes in map:
1 khorium (need confirm)
1 rich adamantite (confirmed, farmed heavily so get ready to fight for it, cuz its being mined in like 30 secs from spawn (timer like 13-15 minutes))
2x fel iron
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Farming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming tips   Farming tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Farming tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Alliance :: General :: WoW Discussion-
Jump to: